This post is for everyone from beginners to pro as it will clear your doubt on how to write a blog correctly.
Before we start our content writing tutorials , if you need any help with anything related to content writing, you can always get in touch with me either through shooting me an email on email@example.com or you can contact me through WhatsApp.
Let’s start now.
Types Of Content Writing You Should Know:
- Landing Pages
- Social media content
- SEO content writing
- E-Book Writing
- Newsletter & Magazine Writing
- Press Releases
- Book Reviews
- Product Reviews & Descriptions
- Resume Writing
- Writing a cover letter Editing & Proofreading
- Technical & Research Writing
- Foundation of Technical Writing
- Research Paper
- Thesis Project
- Grant Writing
- Medical Writing
- White papers
- Customer success stories
- Case studies
- Product content and guides
- Resource center
- Comparison sheets
- User-generated content
- User manuals
- Academic Writing
- Study Material
- Academic Guides
- Instructional Design
- Question Banks
- Creative Writing
- Foundation of Creative Writing
- Dialogue Writing
- Script Writing
- Fiction Writing
- Article Writing
These are most common type of written content which are used, most of the writer as always inclined or expert in few types of writing and it is much better option for content writer to take out only selected type and become expert in it.
In this content writing tutorials we will not explain type of written content as it will completely divert the topic.
How to get started as a content writer?
This step is great if you are starting.
1. Start reading:
- You need to start reading everything right now as much as you can.
- Try reading books on technology, finance, blog, and many more.
- This habit will help you in getting more ideas for writing.
2.Focus on vocabulary and grammar:
- You should always have more words and how and where it is used.
- Focus on proper uses of commas, apostrophe, and other’s
- Always take the help of online tools for grammar or spellings like Grammarly.
- Always stay in research mode especially with content inspirations.
- You should use not only online mode but also offline modes like books.
- Start researching your favorite topics like fashion, AI, and others.
- Always remember the headlines are very important.
- If you are starting, you should create catchy headlines.
- You can take inspiration about headlines from other posts.
Whenever you’re starting out as a writer, you should write every day to adopt your writing patterns.
- The secret of being a great writer is in writing every day on anything you like.
Write at least 200 words per day to get grip of it.
- Do not use long paragraphs in writing for a blog.
- Lengthy paragraphs make it difficult for readers.
- Always focus on using fewer words in paragraphs, it makes the blog better.
7.Make Mentors and Writer Friends:
- Having a mentor in any profession helps, writing is not an exception.
- Select a mentor with good experience and writing skills.
Discuss to them and demonstrate your writing before you post it.
8.Edit your writing:
- Never be happy with your first writing draft.
- Always edit multiple times, you can use several online tools like Copyscape to check duplicate content.
When editing, the priority should be on post ease of understanding rather than how it looks.
- Take feedback from your readers or friends if you are posting for the first time.
- Do not be afraid of getting negative feedback from readers.
- Always analyze if that feedback is valid or just a troll.
- Every writer has their style.
- You will need to find yours and for that, you need to know what type of books you love.
- As an example I love romance, so here you need to contain two factors like engagement & storytelling.
- Do write anything just for the sake of increasing word counts.
- Always stick to the topic you decide to write.
- If you write just for the sake of word count, the reader will run away for sure.
You should just start writing now, it does not matter if you think writing is not better.
You should use this content writing tutorial to create killer posts next time.
If you want to learn advance content writing, you should consider for our professional content writing course.